Last week, the Divine (or Spirit or God or the Universe – whatever you like to call it) showed me something that validated this journey we are all on together: when you put your intention out there, when you speak it to others, it shows up in your life. Now this isn’t something new; I’ve been preaching this to you (the metaphorical choir) from the beginning.
And yet, I discovered again how true it is. Let me tell you what happened…
On Thursday, Feb. 25, I wrote the blog for Saturday, Feb. 27. I sent it to Christina (my assistant) as she was taking on more of the administrative work. I then left it in her capable hands to get out to you guys, and to get posted onto my website, which she did.
Here’s what that blog said:
February 27, 2010 – Today’s Affirmation: I tune into the magic of my soul!
Today, I am clear about how magical I am.
I realize that I have the ability to create my life to be just what I desire most. And while I am aware I must learn how to do this better and better, today, I spend time being present to that magic that I already am. I spend time being present to the power I already have. I spend time being present to the wonder that I already have created.
Today, I see my alchemist abilities grow and grow. I love feeling magical and charmed! I connect with these abilities, and I realize that I AM these abilities!
I AM Magical! I AM Charmed!
And so it is.
On Saturday night (the night the blog was published), as I was getting out of the shower and blowing out the candles (yes, I had taken a shower by candlelight which was oh, so nice!), I thought “Aaaahhh, magic!” And then I remembered a number of other magical experiences of the day: a lovely nap, a yummy foot rub given to me by Francisco (my beloved hubby), a candlelight dinner with him, errands run that were fun and completely delightful, a cuddling time with Pixie, my sweet kitty, a delicious fruit salad meal with my favorite fruits, my Valentine’s Day roses that were now in full bloom, a beautiful full moon that I could see from the window as I was taking my wonderful shower, a phone call with someone dear to me, and so on.
You see, when we state our intention not only to ourselves, but to the world around us, we begin to notice how our lives show up and how the Divine supports our statement of intention. Now here’s the thing: if we are in alignment with our statement, then life just flows to us. If, however, we are not in alignment with our statement, well, then … uh-oh. Watch how the Universe will show you the areas where you are not in alignment. It is then your work to move yourself into alignment with your intention. (That’s always our work, by the way.)
It’s obvious that I was in alignment with feeling magical and charmed. I had no resistance to it. And yes, for those of you who are asking, there are statements I write that I’m not fully in alignment with… of course. However, having said that, I am always moving into alignment with them and paying attention to what the Divine is showing me AND doing the work. Why? Because I want my life to be one that works for me in all ways, one that is so completely in alignment with my conscious intention that I have no resistance to being at one with the Divine. It’s worth doing the work.
So, here are the lessons from this:
1. State your intention for what it is you want. Do you want a beautiful day? State it. Do you want a productive meeting? State it. Do you want to feel abundant? State it. The Universe hears and brings to you want you have stated.
2. State your intention to others. Here’s where it gets tricky. When you state your intention to others, be very clear that you may have those who will not support you. But guess what? These naysayers are your best teachers. Why? Because they are letting you know that a part of you believes (or is fearful about) what they are saying. Your work then becomes clearing that resistance out.
3. Pay attention to how the Divine delivers your intention. Because it will. It might be in small doses. So what? Pay attention to them and fill yourself with gratitude for those doses. You are strengthening your belief in yourself and your ability to co-create with the Divine when you notice your life working.
Your Action Steps:
To start playing with this in a conscious co-creative way, it’s time to take some steps.
1. Get clear about what you want right here, right now. (By the way, be gentle with yourself here. Choose non-resistant things that will help you build your energy of belief in yourself and in your abilities.)
2. Begin to state what it is you want to yourself, to the Divine.
3. If you are ready, begin to state what it is you want to others.
4. Pay attention to how it shows up in your life – in large or in small doses.
5. Acknowledge the areas that show up. (This will increase your own believability in yourself.)
6. Be grateful. (You will begin to manifest more and more, faster and faster with this one simple tool: gratitude.)
7. Have fun with it!